See the Legal and medical status of cannabis Wikipedia article for information on the legal status of growing personal use marijuana in your area.
- Days to sprout: 3
- Flower: 5 weeks
- Maturity: 12 weeks
- Compatible with Aerogarden? Yes
- Yield: A few grams per plant.
Cultivation and Care Edit
- 24 Hour Light Timer – Used to set a light cycle of 12 hours on/12 hours off.
- Non-polarized Figure 8 Power Cord – You will be plugging this cord directly into your AG light hood and running it from your light timer instead of the AG timer.
- Nutrients – The stock ag nutrients are perfectly fine to use. The foxfarm trio is a recommended alternative.
- pH Testing and Adjustment Kit
Lighting Cycles Edit
- Seedlings (week 0-2) – 20 hours on / 4 off
- Veg Period (week 2-5) – 18 hours on / 6 off
- Flowering Period (week 5-12) – 12 hours on / 12 off
Feeding/Nutrient Schedule Edit
If you are using foxfarm or some other kind of nutrients, follow their schedule.
pH Level – You want your water’s pH around 5.6-5.8, anything from 5.4-6.0 is acceptable, but the closer to 5.7 the better.
- Seedlings (week 0-2) – No nutrients.
- Veg Period (week 2-5)- One regular tab per week
- Flowering Period (week 5-12) – One large Master Gardener Kit tab per week or 1.5 regular tabs per week.
- Water level – Periodically check your water level and top it off with pH’d water or premixed nutrient/water solution at the same PPM as the initial batch.
- Change your reservoir water on a weekly basis, which is usually done with nutrient additions/changes.
Alternative Nutrients Edit
Now that we’ve learned about the stock AeroGarden nutrients, let’s take a look into the different nutrients available.
There are several different brands to choose from, including: General Hydroponics, FoxFarm Nutrients, Canna, Dutch Nutrient Formula, etc.
The differences between each brand vary, but for the most part, they all work well. Each brand will have different setups, such as three part systems and A&B systems.
- Three part systems allow for fine-tuning of nutrients for each strain, but require more work and research.
- The A&B systems are much easier to use, but don’t allow for fine-tuning.
Each brand will also have a feeding schedule that you should follow to achieve the best results. Follow their recommended schedule.
See the Legal and medical status of cannabis Wikipedia article for information on the legal status of growing personal use marijuana in your area. If you are using foxfarm or some other kind of nutrients, follow their schedule.