Original Daywrecker Diesel
I found this is my archives. hope it helps some.
At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, ‘joebrand’ (aka ‘wonkanobe’) and ‘pbud’ met ‘chemdog’ and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. Joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.
In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘ Chemdog ’ (now ’91 Chemdog ), ‘ Chemdog a’ (now Chemdog ’s sister), and ‘ Chemdog b’. In ’01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. The ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and Chemdog ‘d’ was the keeper. In ’06, ‘chemdog’ and ‘joebrand’ reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdog phenos 1-4, ‘4’ being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the ‘4’ was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the ‘reunion pheno’. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.
• ‘OG Kush’ (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of ’91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• ‘Sour Diesel’ aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of (’91 Chemdog x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL’s lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel’ (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of ’91 Chemdog x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi’s Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.
• ‘chemdog’ and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:
1. Super Snowdog (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel ( Chemdog D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem ( Chemdog ’s Sister x Sag’s Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze ( Chemdog D x ’93 Sensi’s NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdog D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)
JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdog D -based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdog D to Sensi’s Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi’s Afghani and Sensi’s Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as “Double Dawg.” Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ’s latest work to the line is a second backcross known as “Tres Dawg” which is just starting to get tested.
Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdog crosses as part of his ‘Trinity’ charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdog D x Sensi’s Hindu Kush and Snowdog x Sensi’s Hindu Kush, Chemdog D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdog x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.
“Original article by: High&Lonesome
Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details.”
This is the info I found on her a while ago when searchin for her history.
im a bit confused when i try to find info on this strain. it comes up saying its the same cut as Diesel#1, Headband, Underdawg, Daywrecker. but i was told…
Original Daywrecker Diesel D9420 Indica I found this is my archives. hope it helps some.