The seed new paltz
Preregistration is required for in person classes. When Registering for in person class sign up for the IN PERSON class to reserve your spot. Mask are required.
Please preregister as early as possible, thank you.
Zoom & live Streaming Classes
When Registering for online class sign up for the ONLINE class to recieve a link for your virtual class. You can use your class card, membership, or pay per class.
When you pre-register for class you will receive a confirmation email with a link and directions to your class.
Mindfulness meditation Series
November 9th – December 14th
COVID-19 has altered our daily lives and this particular series will give you effective and practical tools that are designed to strengthen your inherent ability to meet your specific challenges.
The Sustainability Seed Fund offers SUNY New Paltz employees the opportunity to advance sustainability across campus.
Sustainability Seed Funding Goals:
- Foster a thriving, resilient, sustainable campus & community through cooperation, partnership, awareness and education.
- Support sustainability leadership across campus.
- Infuse sustainability into your day-to-day work.
- Incorporate a sustainability consciousness into other priorities and trends.
- Plant the seeds for SUNY New Paltz to be nationally recognized as a sustainable higher education institution.
Who can apply?
- Campus employees
Eligible Funding Requests:
- Paid on-campus student internships and research projects, with close supervision from a faculty member. The intention for this work is for the outcome of this research to have a lasting impact on campus, such as strengthening faculty sustainability-related teaching or research or that knowledge gained from findings will inform sustainability thinking or planning on campus.
- Professional development (off-campus, on-campus, or online)
- Materials and supplies for sustainability research, projects, and programs, in and outside of the classroom
- Guest speakers for a targeted audience for a narrow educational or co-curricular purpose (ie. to bring in an outside expert to connect classroom teaching to the region)
Asking for matching funds from other departments is strongly encouraged.
Ineligible Funding Requests
Ineligible funding requests include but are not limited to:
- Guest speakers for general sustainability programs
- Faculty stipends
- Travel expenses including mileage, rental cars, hotels, and meals
- Off-campus projects